• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Shel_B

Shel_B

TJ's Organic Vanilla Fudge Chip Ice Cream

I really like this ice cream!  It has a nice, rich, well-rounded vanilla flavor with some slight floral notes.  It's not a heavy, premium ice cream, like Haagen Daz, but, rather, an excellent commercial ice cream, in the same general category as Dryers, Baskin Robins, or Breyers, but, IMO, a definite notch or two up.  The ice cream has a nice, satisfying mouth feel.  The fudge chips are plentiful, not so much that they overwhelm or compete with the flavor and texture of the ice cream, yet enough to offer an enjoyable texture that compliments the ice cream in every bite.  Their size is just perfect for my taste and preference.  This is definitely worth a try, and I know that I'll be buying it again.  Definitely worth a try - a quart-sized carton for $5.99 - it's definitely a good value.

Ingredients: Organic Milk, Organic Cream, Organic Sugar, Organic Skim Milk, Organic Fudge Chips (Organic Cane Sugar, Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Cocoa, Organic Soybean Oil, Organic Cocoa Liquor, Organic Soy Lecithin), Organic Carob Bean Gum, Organic Guar Gum, Organic Vanilla Extract. CONTAINS MILK, SOY, COCONUT.

I posted this review earlier in the day and it "disappeared."  I hope this one stays active ...

Trader Joe's Vanilla Fudge Chip.jpg

Shel_B

Shel_B

TJ's Organic Vanilla Fudge Chip Ice Cream

I really like this ice cream!  It has a nice, rich, well-rounded vanilla flavor with some slight floral notes.  It's not a heavy, premium ice cream, like Haagen Daz, but, rather, an excellent commercial ice cream, in the same general category as Dryers, Baskin Robins, or Breyers, but, IMO, a definite notch or two up.  The ice cream has a nice, satisfying mouth feel.  The fudge chips are plentiful, not so much that they overwhelm or compete with the flavor and texture of the ice cream, yet enough to offer an enjoyable texture that compliments the ice cream in every bite.  Their size is just perfect for my taste and preference.  This is definitely worth a try, and I know that I'll be buying it again.  Definitely worth a try - a quart-sized carton for $5.99 - it's definitely a good value.

I posted this review earlier in the day and it "disappeared."  I hope this one stays active ...

Trader Joe's Vanilla Fudge Chip.jpg