• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Healthy Boy brand

CatPoet

Just a question, is this a good brand for oyster sauce and other  Asian sauces?

The other brand I can find, is  this  http://www.khiewchanta.com/images/oyster-sauce.jpg  but it harder to find and  would mean a long walk for me and I cant do that at the moment.

Cheese is you friend, Cheese will take care of you, Cheese will never betray you, But blue mold will kill me.

Nor did I, but I found it in the store under that brand.  So I will see if I can get the other brand then.  It just so much cheaper then buying the  "Swedish" brands of the same sauces.

Cheese is you friend, Cheese will take care of you, Cheese will never betray you, But blue mold will kill me.

LKK is the go-to for Cantonese style oyster sauce, Mae Krua (or whatever the one with the woman cooking in a waist-high wok is) is the go-to Thai one. Depends what you'd like to cook more, I guess.

LKK  I can find in the store that smells rotten  but I could ask my neighbour to check  Cantonese Haeven  ( yes the store name) when he goes to his home town.

So what is the differences  flavour wise?