• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Making a crunchy cookie crumb crust for my cheesecake.

I work at a fine dining restaurant in Colorado where I make the individual cheesecakes we serve for dessert.

Although my cheesecake baked custard is very delicious and silky, my graham cracker cookie crumb crust does not maintain its crunch once baked in a water bath.

I have been researching to see if I can find a way of having a dry cookie crumb crust under my silky cheesecake batter once I serve it chilled, but have not found a solution.

I have thought about adding the crust after baking my cheesecake but that would not work since my batter is very silky, light and smooth. I would deform it if I tried to lift it and add the crumbs after baked.

I would like suggestions for maintaining my crumb crust crunchy after baked and chilled.

Thank you.