• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Joha SDS2 sodium phosphate will soon be carried by Modernist Pantry!

This is my first post, but I thought it would be valuable to share some information with everyone.

Many recipes in Modernist Cuisine specify a particular sodium phosphate, "Joha SDS2." Now, finding any food-grade sodium phosphate, let alone that particular type is almost impossible. Until now, hopefully.

I sent off an inquiry to the Modernist Pantry, and they have ordered a supply, and it should beavailablefor purchase by the end of next week (meaning sometime by March 23, 2012).

Now I can finally try the recipe from the blog for the cheese puffs, along with a slew of other recipes calling forJoha SDS2 sodium phosphate from the books!

If you need a link for the Modernist Pantry, just Google it; I don't want to give the impression that I am advertising for them or anything, because I am not. I'm just trying to pass along the news about a source for this item that has likely eluded most of us thus far.

Buen Provecho!