• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Anyone tried Sous Vide Dash?

Cheviot

I originally wrote the app for my own use, so needless to say I like it and it meets my needs. But you are probably more interested in what others have to say.

We have gotten some very favorable reviews on itunes (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sousvide-dash/id476999798?mt=8) including one from a user who bought an iPhone just to run the app. There has also been a fair bit of discussion of the app on the big sous vide thread at eGullet () and in a separate dedicated thread ()

We are always looking to improve the app, so if you have comments, questions, or feedback, we are always happy to hear them. You can reach us here, on eGullet, on twitter at @SousVideDash, or on our own web site. Some of the more popular features of the app, including pathogen reduction calculation, came from user suggestions.

Next on the docket for upcoming release(s), we'll support chilling calculations in ice baths and probably some longer cooking techniques for tenderness.

Thanks! I didn't expect the author to reply. I already downloaded the app, but haven't had a chance to make use of it. Thanks for pointing me to the egullet thread on the app as well as providing a link to the legendary egullet sous vide thread. I doubt I'll have much in the way of meaningful comments, but if I do I'll let you know.

• 1 month later...

vengroff said:

Next on the docket for upcoming release(s), we'll support chilling calculations in ice baths and probably some longer cooking techniques for tenderness.

Since I last posted we have released several updates. Ice bath chilling, longer cooking for tenderness, and bookmarks are now supported. We also revised the UI to present a journal view of all the key events that happen in the course of the cooking process. See http://www.sousvidedash.com for more info on recent releases or find us in the app store.