• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Lisa Shock

Lisa Shock

added references

On 3/26/2014 at 6:44 PM, gfweb said:

Yeah, "pot pie" should have an asterisk by it on the menu in Lancaster and Berks and York Co.

Actually, whoever wrote that menu shortened the name. It's called 'slippery pot pie.' The upside of the dish is that no one sells the noodles that go into it, to make you have to make the noodles (called rivels) fresh right before serving.

I went to HS in PA, the cafeteria served two regional lunch dishes I never hear mentioned: corn fritters and candian bacon with maple syrup poured all over both, and, pork with sauerkraut (a pile of hot sauerkraut with pork chunks cooked in it.)

Lisa Shock

Lisa Shock

Yeah, "pot pie" should have an asterisk by it on the menu in Lancaster and Berks and York Co.

Actually, whoever wrote that menu shortened the name. It's called 'slippery pot pie.' The upside of the dish is that no one sells the noodles that go into it, to make you have to make the noodles fresh right before serving.

I went to HS in PA, the cafeteria served two regional lunch dishes I never hear mentioned: corn fritters and candian bacon with maple syrup poured all over both, and, pork with sauerkraut (a pile of hot sauerkraut with pork chunks cooked in it.)