• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

CookBot

CookBot

On 10/30/2022 at 1:32 PM, Anna N said:

Again, nothing that I would write home about. I found the skin to be very tough rather than crispy. That was a definite disappointment.

I was open to an epiphany, but I never got it.

Same here.  I roasted two this past weekend and had the same experience, skins tough rather than crispy.  Insides were nice and fluffy, but not enough difference to convince me to spend an extra hour of cooking time.

I did mine in the countertop oven with convection turned off, at 400F for two hours (lowered slightly because the Cuisinart runs about 50 degrees hot, even with convection turned off). 

CookBot

CookBot

On 10/30/2022 at 1:32 PM, Anna N said:

Again, nothing that I would write home about. I found the skin to be very tough rather than crispy. That was a definite disappointment.

Same here.  I roasted two this past weekend and had the same experience, skins tough rather than crispy.  Insides were nice and fluffy, but not enough difference to convince me to spend an extra hour of cooking time.

I did mine in the countertop oven with convection turned off, at 400F for two hours (lowered slightly because the Cuisinart runs about 50 degrees hot, even with convection turned off).