• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

24 minutes ago, streem26 said:

Tonight I planned and prepared a chicken with stuffing recipe I found online. It was easy to prepare and put together....took about 20 minutes to pull everything together and then stuff it in my oven for 30 minutes to become tonights dinner. I have a lovey double oven set up and preheated the oven, placed the dish inside and 35 minutes later I pulled it out and voila, it was cold. Apparently I heated one oven, then placed the casserole into the other. 😅

Hopefully, the recipe works out or I'm selling the house.

Oh we all have goofy stories like that. We got a new oven. Sister insisted on taking over the turkey for Thanksgiving. Miss Continual Baste. I went outside to scream and breathe. Came back after a while - no lovely roasting bird smell. Turns out the new oven is so bleeping smart it shuts off if you have door open over a certain time. Convection setting helped, meal quite delayed. Hope your chicken was eventually tasty.

heidih

heidih

19 minutes ago, streem26 said:

Tonight I planned and prepared a chicken with stuffing recipe I found online. It was easy to prepare and put together....took about 20 minutes to pull everything together and then stuff it in my oven for 30 minutes to become tonights dinner. I have a lovey double oven set up and preheated the oven, placed the dish inside and 35 minutes later I pulled it out and voila, it was cold. Apparently I heated one oven, then placed the casserole into the other. 😅

Hopefully, the recipe works out or I'm selling the house.

Oh we all have goofy stories like that. We got a new oven. Sister insisted on taking over the turkey for Thanksgiving. Miss Continual Baste. I went outside to scream and breathe. Came back after a while - no lovely roasting bird smell. Turn out the new oven is so bleeping smart it shuts off if you have door oven over a certain time. onvection setting helped, meal quite delayed. Hope your chicken was eventually tasty.