• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

2 hours ago, Anna N said:

So very sorry this happened to you. I think the stress of the whole lock down etc., although we might like to think we are not stressed, is really affecting us in ways we had never imagined. I used to take my many medications automatically without a thought. But suddenly I can’t remember if I took them or if I didn’t. So now it’s become a whole ritual of setting aside time to fully concentrate on this one simple task until it is completed and then writing down that I did it. I’m just saying this because I don’t think our brains are operating at full capacity and you have been under stress for much much longer. Anyway I wish you quick healing of your leg and a decent meal very soon. 

Thanks @Anna N

I've been living under this for over 2 months now so, although it is lightening up, it's been a long strange trip!

In about half an hour, I'm going to attempt to  cook my planned meal again. Without the drama this time.

liuzhou

liuzhou

18 minutes ago, Anna N said:

So very sorry this happened to you. I think the stress of the whole lock down etc., although we might like to think we are not stressed, is really affecting us in ways we had never imagined. I used to take my many medications automatically without a thought. But suddenly I can’t remember if I took them or if I didn’t. So now it’s become a whole ritual of setting aside time to fully concentrate on this one simple task until it is completed and then writing down that I did it. I’m just saying this because I don’t think our brains are operating at full capacity and you have been under stress for much much longer. Anyway I wish you quick healing of your leg and a decent meal very soon. 

Thanks @Anna N

I've been living under this for over 2 months now so, although it is lighterning up, it's been a long strange trip!

In about half an hour, I'm going to attempt to  cook my planned meal again. Without the drama this time.