• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Arey

Arey

I will never again buy chorizo from a grocery that doesn't know whether it's making Mexican or Spanish chorizo, and didn't know there were two types until I asked which type they were making.  I wanted Spanish because all the recipes I see call for that type, and I wanted to have it with the saffron rice I make.  Well, they're making Mexican (fresh) (uncooked) Chorizo, so I now have a cylinder of Mexican chorizo weighing over 1 lb. freezer and don't know what to do with it. and I need to decide before the Laughing Gulls migrate back down South in the Fall.

I also bought andouille while there because I've always wanted to try that. I don't know what anduille is supposed to taste like. but if that is what it's supposed to taste like I don't particularly care for andouille.

This all came about because  the Atlantic City Press had an article on a small grocery down in Cape May Co. known for its sausages, Especially for its bratwurst and kielbasa. On the way there I stopped at the Cape May visitor information center for directions, ad there was a pleasant young state trooper passing a pleasant moment or two with an equally pleasant young  (and attractive)  woman.  When I asked for directions to the market, the young woman pointed at the trooper and said "he's the one to ask" and he said "Your going for kielbasa"  and gave me excellent directions which the young woman wrote down for me.

So I have a frozen raw Mexican style chorizo I don't know what to do with (I did some intensive googling of it and didn't find anything that appealed), and what passes for andouille in Cape May Co.

I also bought some bratwurst and smoked Kielbasa and I know what to do with that and how it should taste. I'm still looking to try Spanish style chorizo and andouille, but I'm not going to look for it in Lower Twp. Cape May Co. NJ., or even Middle or Upper Twps. even if I read of places in those two twps. known for their sausages.

Arey

Arey

I will never again buy chorizo from a grocery that doesn't know whether it's making Mexican or Spanish chorizo, and didn't know there were two types until I asked which type they were making.  I wanted Spanish because all the recipes I see call for that type, and I wanted to have it with the saffron rice I make.  Well, they're making Mexican (fresh) (uncooked) Chorizo, so I now have a cylinder of Mexican chorizo weighing over 1 lb. freezer and don't know what to do with it. and I need to decide before the Laughing Gulls migrate back down South in the Fall.

I also bought andouille while there because I've always wanted to try that. I don't know what anduille is supposed to taste like. but if that is what it's supposed to taste like I don't particularly care for andouille.

This all came about because in the Atlantic City Press had an article on a small grocery down in Cape May Co. known for its sausages, Especially for its bratwurst and kielbasa. On the way there I stopped at the Cape May visitor information center for directions, ad there was a pleasant young state trooper passing a pleasant moment or two with an equally pleasant young  (and attractive)  woman.  When I asked for directions to the market, the young wioman pointed at the trooper and said "he's the one to ask" and he said "Your going for kielbasa"  and gave me excellant directions which the young woman wrote down for me.

So I have a frozen raw Mexican style chorizo I don't know what to do with (I did some intensive googling of it and didn't find anything that appealed), and what passes for andouille in Cape May Co.

I also bought some bratwurst and smoked Kielbasa and I know what to do with that and how it should taste. I'm still looking to try Spanish style chorizo and andouille, but I'm not going to look for it in Lower Twp. Cape May Co. NJ., pr even Middle or Upper Twps. even if I read of places in those two twps. known for their sausages.