• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

CHEF SERIES VACUUM SEALER

rotuts

on a ref. to pots and pan i cam across this:

http://www.previninc.com/shop/Chef-Series-Vacuum-Sealer.html

its a polyscience Chamber Vacuum Sealer that comes in around 1 K

Im not in the market for a chamber sealer, but this one seems interesting. its the kind of thing

Id be happy not to have found out about.

what do those who use chamber sealers think of this? recently polyscience has not done so well

at this forum for its 'less expensive' stuff.

more of the same here? or not?

many thanks.

I'd like a chamber, but I have a problem with space - too many other toys in the kitchen. The price of this looks good though, and I'd hope the quality might be better than some.

One thing worries me:

We are accepting pre-orders, so please be sure place your order as soon as possible to ensure that you will be among the first to receive your machine when they arrive in September.

And here we are, over halfway through October ...

Leslie Craven, aka "lesliec"
Host, eG Forumslcraven@egstaff.org

After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one's own relatives ~ Oscar Wilde

My eG Foodblog

eGullet Ethics Code signatory

I saw this a week ago on their FB page and have not figured out who is making this unit. https://www.facebook.com/PolyScience.Cuisine.Technology

I have been set on the VP215 but am waiting to hear more about this unit, it does not have the oil pump the 215 has but will see what news they come out with. I will wait tell early December to order and decide then.