• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Smokeydoke

Smokeydoke

Suzuya Patisserie - this is a local gem, right in my neighborhood. They are Japanese-run and owned but they focus on French pastries. I go here at least once a month and I've never had a bad experience, they've almost been all good, sprinkled in with some "meh" experiences. I highly recommend their "life-changing" apple pies (John Curtas' words, not mine) and their Japanese cheesecake. This month, their cake-of-the-month is the Mont Blanc, made with chestnut cream. It was decadent but not my favorite cake. I should mention the pastries are more Asian in taste and not as sweet as true French cakes. They also have made-to-order crepes, which are excellent, but I haven't gotten in years, because seriously, crepes are not hard to make at home.

5a8ba4a912bbb_applepieandmontblanc.jpg.5caf0d21d842683aef53141c366a37be.jpg

Apple pie a la mode in front, Mont Blanc in the back.

Smokeydoke

Smokeydoke

Suzuya Patisserie - this is a local gem, right in my neighborhood. They are Japanese-run and owned but they focus on French pastries. I go here at least once a month and I've never had a bad experience, they've almost been all good, sprinkled in with some "meh" experiences. I highly recommend their "life-changing" apple pies (John Curtas' words, not mine) and their Japanese cheesecake. This month, their cake-of-the-month is the Mont Blanc, made with chestnut cream. It was decadent but not my favorite cake. I should mention the pastries are more Asian in taste and not as sweet as true French cakes. They also have made-to-order crepes, which are excellent, but I haven't gotten in years, because seriously, crepes are not hard to make at home.

5a8ba4a912bbb_applepieandmontblanc.jpg.5caf0d21d842683aef53141c366a37be.jpg

Apple pie a la mode in front, Mont Blanc in the back.