• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Brazilian BBQ at Home

Kerry Beal

Helping my Big Green Egg dealer out this weekend at the Greater Niagara Home and Garden show in Niagara Falls, Ontario.

After enjoying my dinner at the Brasa Brazilian Steakhouse the other night - I was amused to see that my BGE dealer has started selling these neat little units.

7079966037_874e8c5d9c_z.jpg

7079966135_b608f2edba_z.jpg

Apparently this particular unit has been used 3 times already - so it cleans up well! Uses lump charcoal and folds up into a suitcase.

Here is a link to the manufacturers website.

Oh yeah, and check out the little spidini cooker in the back ground - little rotisserie unit that cooks the spidini over hot coals.

Have you used one?

I woukd be concerned about having to use a battery around a heat source and battery life.

I much prefer an electric rotissierie abd a fold up unit is not what I want in a substantial product.These things often read and look great but in actual application, they fall far short of expectations.-Dick

Edited by budrichard (log)

I've seen it in action - but not used one myself.

It has a transformer so you can plug it in, as well as a battery - the battery sits away from the unit and shouldn't be affected by the heat. There appears to be cooling vents in the motor box.

No clue about the warranty however.