• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Almond cream?

dhardy123

I have a recipe that wants me to make a ganache by warming up almond cream and pouring it over chopped chocolate. Does that make sense? Isn't Almond cream similar to frangipane? I can't see it being liquid enough when heated to make a ganache? Or is there another type of almond cream to use? I don't think I should use Almond Milk as it is used in another section of the recipe

Almond Cream is pure, unsweetened Almond Milk that has been reduced to 1/3 of the original volume.... good stuff you can use it any way you would use cow milk cream but with superior flavor, same thing with coconut cream etc., Also good for hardy cocktails etc.,