• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Milk Chocolate with Almonds Confection

chocofoodie

Hi everyone,

I've had a request for a molded confection made of milk chocolate and almonds. I thought it was a pretty simple basic combination. Then I realised that I never use either milk chocolate or almonds! and I started panicing!

Can anyone recommend a good recipe? I was thinking of mixing fondant with almond oil and some chopped almonds, but my fondant is a bit on the hard side and I wanted a filling that was softer, more gooey.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!!!

If you are talking about solid chocolate- you can just mix in pieces-big or small of almonds into the tempered choc and then into a mold. If you mean something softer, then a 1:1 combo of milk chocolate to almond butter is nice-kind of like reeses pb cups but with almonds. You can do this in many ways. \if you are interested let me know!

How about an almond flavored ganache? I've seen a number of formulas that use marzipan to add the almond flavor. Check Greweling for a reference.

Steve Lebowitz

Doer of All Things

Steven Howard Confections

Slicing a warm slab of bacon is a lot like giving a ferret a shave. No matter how careful you are, somebody's going to get hurt - Alton Brown, "Good Eats"

I made the amaretti truffle recipe from Greweling's book with almond paste and amaretto. I used it as a molded chocolate instead of a truffle. I added some ground up amaretti cookies for texture. Ground toasted almonds would work as well. Everyone I've tried it on loves it.