• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Creamed Leeks

SobaAddict70

Rather than googling it, I figured I'd ask folks.

I'm assuming it's just butter, leeks, salt, pepper, light cream?

This is for something I'll make either tonight or tomorrow -- salmon, with creamed leeks and ramps.

There are quite a few recipes on the net, but if there's one thing I've learned, it's that not all recipes are created equal.

I'm reluctant to do the usual method -- which is to finish the vegetables off in the oven, with buttered breadcrumbs. I'm trying to lighten things by not turning it into a gratin.

The dish will be rich enough with the addition of the salmon, which will be cooked separately.

Thoughts?

• 3 years later...

Wow..

Found some great Leeks..  I creamed them tonight

Using some Plugra Butter and a touch of Evoo,  i  a bit of white wine left over, salt and pepper and I added a bit of Parsley!!  I did heavy cream and whole milk

Going over some Copper River Salmon..I like mine creamy  btw

Killer

Its good to have Morels