• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Laduree: Sucre - The Recipes

gap

Has anyone heard of this book or had a chance to see it?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1902686713/ref=oss_product

It looks like it was just released at the start of November. My understanding was that Laduree hadn't published a lot of recipes in the past. This book has the "sweet" recipes and they have published another with the savoury side covered.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got my copy of the book recently. A beautiful home cook book extremely well presented. It would be enjoyed by any home baker or anyone who knows Laduree well. That said, it's not a book for the pastry professional and the recipes have been brought down a few notches to allow home cooks to make the recipes and find the ingredients.

• 3 months later...

I was trying to buy this book and couldn't find it anywhere, except for a couple places selling it for a big markup. I ended up on amazon.com not too long ago and found that they had the book in stock! I was skeptical if it was the correct one, but I just received it in the mail a couple of days ago and sure enough, it is the real deal! It is a stunning book and I am looking forward to tackling the chocolate macaron recipe today.

photo (6).JPG