• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Need Ideas for an Advanced Chocolate Course

Kerry Beal

So could be fun - Buffalo in January!

I'd just like to point out here that Buffalo's usually a distant second or third to Syracuse in the Golden Snowball contest. :biggrin: And Steve, just keep telling yourself that until the lake freezes, it helps to keep the temperatures up.

MelissaH

MelissaH

Oswego, NY

Chemist, writer, hired gun

Say this five times fast: "A big blue bucket of blue blueberries."

foodblog1 | kitchen reno | foodblog2

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like we've settled on a date. Feb 28 and Mar 1. Couldn't do longer than 2 days due to the venue. Brian is firming up the outline, but it looks like shelf life, decorating techniques, 3d molding, dipping and getting a perfectly smooth bottom are in the agenda. We'll make a bunch of centers and provide new recipes for them.

Edited by Kerry Beal (log)

I would suggest a 4 day format as well. I took a class last year on gourmet confections and it was 5 days. The first 4 were all instructions and some theroy and the 5th day we did a review and packaged up all our chocolates we made which was about 24 different confections......

Rena

• 10 months later...

Just bumping this - not for new ideas - but because we had to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances in the winter and we are back on again for October 17 and 18. One participant dropped out due to stuff she needs to get done - so if there is anyone out there who wants to join we have room for one. PM me for details.

oh crap, wish i could come :S not enough notice to get things put together here...any chance you'll take some of the advanced popular topics and integrate into choc conference 2011? (like last yr during production we had some beginner molding and people who were more comfortable mold in a different kitchen?)