• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mistral Cooking Class

We still have not confirmed a date yet.  I have yet to hear back from William.  I will give him a ring today and find out.

Ben

Add me to your list, please. :smile:

Personally, I'd like to know how to properly season food.

Drink!

I refuse to spend my life worrying about what I eat. There is no pleasure worth forgoing just for an extra three years in the geriatric ward. --John Mortimera

I actually did not have a list before this so I will start one now.

This is a list of people who would like to go:

(The date has still yet to be decided)

Myself

Really Nice!

Col Klink

Batgrrrl???

Tighe

Scrat68

Mr. Toast

LEdlund

Nightscotsman

Mamster

LaurieA-B

MsRamsey

Who else?

Edit: I think that Malarkey was interested, and maybe Blue Heron.

Edited by Schielke (log)

Gimme what cha got for a pork chop!

-Freakmaster

I have two words for America... Meat Crust.

-Mario

Ok Everybody,

I spoke with Chef William at Mistral the other day and we settled on the details for the class.

Here is the skinny:

Date: Saturday June 14th

Time: ~ 10:00 a.m.

Topic: We will take a trip down to the Market and shop for the best looking ingredients. After this, we will return to Mistral and cook.

Food Generally a three course lunch is provided with the class, this is the food that was cooked during the class. Wine is available at an extra cost.

Equipment Chef William would like to involve the class in a bit of knife skill work, so please bring a sharp chef's knife. I am sure some of us have more than one, so we can probably work it out if somebody is short.

Cost: $50 per person Note: This will be due at time of reservation. Unfourtanetly Chef William has been burnt in the past for these kind of classes.:sad:

Who: Open for everybody, but the class size is limited to 10 people due to size constraints. Chef William has 9 spots open at the time of this posting (I got one!) :smile: and he will take reservations by phone until they are filled. For the sake of others interested, please post here if you have secured a spot so we know when the class is full.

Mistral Info:

113 Blanchard St

Seattle, Wa 98121

206-770-7799

Please let me know if you have any questions about the class.

Personally I can't wait!!!!! :wub::wub::wub::smile:

-Freakmaster

-Mario

Thanks Ben for setting this up, Batgrrrl and I are all signed up! I can't wait to show off my new 10" chef's knife, it's pimp. :cool:

Yes, thanks Ben--we know it's been a bit of a task getting this all pinned down, and we appreciate it! :wub:

B-gal

"Shameful or not, she harbored a secret wish

for pretty, impractical garments."

Barbara Dawson Smith

*Too Wicked to Love*

Darn, I'll be in Vancouver that weekend! Luckily I'll be seeing Daniel Lanois in concert and eating at Vij's so I won't feel so bad about missing the class........

Practice Random Acts of Toasting

Ok, looks like there are a couple of spots left open.

Any more takers?

Ben

I left them a message on Thursday but have not gotten a call back as of Tuesday. I hope I'm on their list.

"Save Donald Duck and Fuck Wolfgang Puck."

-- State Senator John Burton, joking about

how the bill to ban production of foie gras in

California was summarized for signing by

Gov. Schwarzenegger.

Try them again one more time. They were probably pretty busy this weekend and you might have gotten lost in the shuffle.

mb70, I think that there are 3 spots left as of now (with Ms Ramsey included), but give them a call to find out.

Ben

-Freakmaster

-Mario

I'm in! Hurray!

"Save Donald Duck and Fuck Wolfgang Puck."

-- State Senator John Burton, joking about

how the bill to ban production of foie gras in

California was summarized for signing by

Gov. Schwarzenegger.

I'm in! Left a message last week including my CC#, didn't get a call back. Left another message three days later, asking for confirmation callback. Got one that day.

If he's been screwed on getting people signed up and paid for these things in the past, maybe his staff's poor followup has something to do with it....?

Might pass on a word to the wise.

"Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon." --Dalai Lama