• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Kerry Beal

Chocolate Lab and Teaching Room

129 posts in this topic

I have a Vollrath and really like it. I tried a home-version induction and it cut off just when I needed it most!! This one is 1800 watts, I think. It has never cut off. You have to have the right pans for it. My All-clad copper core won't work! Alum core does. I think Ikea carries induction worthy pots. Good to have you back in the chocolate business:)

Ruth Kendrick

Chocolot
Artisan Chocolates and Toffees
www.chocolot.com

Thanks Ladies! I saw a Waring one online that looked pretty decent, but will keep Vollrath and Eurodib in mind. Already have people asking about me doing Halloween chocolates, so looks like I'll probably be decently busy when I get back and set up in Wenatchee :biggrin:

One more question (for the moment), who do you think is the best distributor for the mold d' art melters? Thinking about picking up one (or 2!) this winter as well.

Edited by YetiChocolates (log)

• Similar Content

• By ChristysConfections
      Hi All!

I know this has surely been talked about, by my search for this information on the forums has been challenging. Would anyone care to share their favourite brand of coloured cocoa butter for decorations chocolate molds, etc? One with a diverse selection of colours. Or do you find it preferable to melt cocoa butter and add a fat-soluable powdered colour?

Thanks for sharing your experiences!

Christy

p.S. I was just reading about Kerry's EZ temper and I simply MUST HAVE ONE! Wow! What a brilliant product! Kudos, Kerry!
    • By ChristysConfections
      Hi everyone!

I hope I'm not posting in the wrong section. I am looking for recommendations on where to find a used/economically priced climate controlled (low humidity and refrigerated, but not too cold) chocolate display case as well as a regular refrigerated display case (bakery style). Something like this, but it doesn't need to be too fancy looking. I am living in Canada on the West Coast, so the closer to local, the better. I'm finding it very challenging to find something. I found and excellent deal on a couple of used ones in the USA, but the seller doesn't want to deal with the hassle of having it crated and shipped. I'm trying to keep up to date searching on the Ecole Chocolat graduate forum as well as The Chocolate Life classifieds. 

Also, does anyone know if a smaller table-top type climates controlled chocolate display case exists? Or are the only options out there for larger models?

Warm Regards,
      Christy
    • By Lam
      So I've been looking for the ultimate matcha brownies (technically blondies but it just doesn't have the same ring to it). I've made chewy and fudgy regular brownies, but I find white chocolate based blondies to be much trickier. I have made a few matcha brownie recipes in the past, but they all came out sad and cakey. So I have taken it upon myself to come up with my own recipe. My matcha brownies came out very moist and "fudgy" but not chewy. I'm thinking next time I should try using vegetable oil instead of butter and only dark brown sugar. 

• By steveM
      I just started a new Craft Chocolate Company and am looking for a source for powdered whole milk on a small scale (3-5kg).  Any suggestions?

Steve
    • By pastrygirl
      Some chocolate makers have incredibly intricate chocolate molds that boggle my mind.  How do they clean them?  Or do they not clean/polish them?  Or have an army of interns?  Or just do it perfectly every time and polishing molds is for suckers anyway?

They are beautiful, but seem so very impractical.  What am I missing?

The Soma is not bad, mostly thin lines, but the Askinosie ...