• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ideas Needed

eSkillet.com

My recently purchased toys.

Clarimax

Anti-Griddle

GastroVac

RotoVal

PacoJet

Sous-Vide Circulators

All purchased on a budget spree the school gave me.

I have done some great stuff with the pacojet and the circulators but I haven't had a lot of time to play with the others.

Does anyone have any of these pieces of equipment and would like to share recipes and techniques?

When they cut loose with the budget, they don't mess around do they? :blink:

I don't have any information for you but I am jealous. Especially over the paco jet.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

love the paco jet!!! i had to fight for the new one we are getting, they are definately pricey.

if you go to the paco jet website, it gives you tips and recipes for a ton of things, not just ice creams and sorbets, but also for sauces, mousses and terrines.

at our restaurant we only use it for ice creams and sorbets, my advice: keep in mind that it requires a different balance of sugar and fat than a standard ice cream machine.

When they cut loose with the budget, they don't mess around do they? :blink:

I don't have any information for you but I am jealous. Especially over the paco jet.

The conversation was like this:

Boss: We have $50 Thousand and we need to spend it by lunch time.

Me: Done.

I already had a wish list.

That was on top of a much, much larger budget that we used to supply a new kitchen for product development.

Cristianajun, the Pacojet is a great tool.

We are going to replace half of our Robot Coupes with PacoJets. Considering their versatility they are not much more expensive.

I do have the pdf already from cookingconcepts fooey but the recipes are not well written. I'm hoping someone out there has developed some of their own.

I see a lot of potential for the anti-griddle and of course the RotoVal but I just haven't had the time lately to develop recipes.

One good idea I saw for the Rotoval was to distill a good quality wine and use the resulting products, brandy and wine syrup, to serve with a cheese plate.

I'm going to give that one a try soon.

Sous-Vide Circulators

Does anyone have any of these pieces of equipment and would like to share recipes and techniques?

Just in case you missed it, there's a little thread right here

http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=116617 :smile:

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch ... you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan