• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dining in the Palm Springs Area

syrah girl

We just returned from a two night stay at the Westin Mission Hills Resort in Rancho Mirgea near Palm Springs. The restaurant at the resort was called Bella Vista which was very good. We dined outside for lunch and breakfast, both meals were great and the ambiance was perfect. The first night we dined at the BluEmber at the Rancho Las Palmas Resort. I highly recommend this place, we had a 3 course meal for $35/pp which included a starter, entree and German Chocolate cupcakes for dessert. I had the Butternut Squash Ravioli and the Short Ribs which were perfectly prepared and paired nicely with the bottle of Firestone Malbec we brought in. The weather was warm and there were little twinkle lights everywhere, live music also. We will definitely return here.

Our lunch at Tommy Bahama's Cafe in Palm Desert was very good. I had the Fish Tacos that were served with a side of coconut dipping sauce and some Fried Bananas. The cafe is very casual, we dined outside on the back patio. For dinner that evening we chose Wally's Desert Turtle which is a very formal, fine dining venue. I had the Mixed Green Salad and the Shrimp Fettucini which was wonderful and served with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.

We wanted to try Spencer's in Palm Springs but had to leave a little early to close a business deal. This was our first time in the desert and we loved it. Will definitely return for some more great places to dine in the desert! :)

Sneakeater...

I've fond memories Of the Lord Fletcher "pub" from some years ago. Terrific Chicken with Dumplings; excellent "comfort" food on a winter night.

I had a 2nd home in La Quinta and would go to Lord Fletcher with British next door neighbors and somehow with them there the wait for a table was never too long.

Bob Sherwood

“When the wolf is at the door, one should invite him in and have him for dinner.”

- M.F.K. Fisher