• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

28 Church - Should I go?

pnapoli

I've been there too many times to count and have always enjoyed my meals. It's one of my favorite local places. Service is hit or miss and the noise level can be loud on the weekends when they are full. Tables for two are close together if that is an issue. I would give it a try.

We were there recently and enjoyed it. Very good service. High noise level on a Saturday night. Interesting vertical presentations of food. Liked the quail. Very NY. Not the best you may have but worth a visit. Be sure to give us a report.

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

enjoyed dinner at 28 on saturday. service was excellent. food was real good, not great, but would definetly return. for an app i had the crabmeat ragout and entree was the skirt steak, which was good although, a tad too much taste of marinade. did not have dessert. overall, a pleasant dining experience.