• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

ISO: Escargots in NYC

slkinsey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

If anyone is ever looking for them. I found canned escargots in Zabar's... in the coffee section, next to the honey. Right where you would expect to find them.

How did the canned escargot work out? I'm on a similar quest now...

I use canned ones all the time...just rinse, make your butter mix, clean the empty shells you have purchased (hopefully, previously) by boiling in water for at least five minutes, stuff the clean shells with the butter, the snail, more butter, and whatever else you desire. Bake, serve! Very easy, and oh so wonderful with bread to soak up all that delicious garlicky butter!!

I find mine at almost any normal grocery, if not there, call around to a good Italian/or ethnic grocery; normally they carry them. Enjoy! :biggrin: