• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New Jersey Restaurants Hosting Rosh Hashana

scarlet knight

Does anyone know of any in northern/north central NJ?

I'd be surprised if there are any. Synagogues frequently host break fasts and seders. I doubt any host Rosh Hashana dinners. I'll be curious to see if anyone comes up with something.

I've seen ads for Irvings Deli ( Route 10 East Hanover/Livingston) serving RH or YK meals, as well as Harolds NY Deli in Parsippany touting " open for RH, and serving" .

I've seen ads for Irvings Deli ( Route 10 East Hanover/Livingston) serving RH or YK meals, as well as Harolds NY Deli in Parsippany  touting " open for RH, and serving" .

They all have huge catering businesses, selling yummy foods for holiday dinners at home; either phone in your order and pick up or just come into the store and buy. My favorite is Maadan in Teaneck. Very expensive and very delicious food.

Wow, open and serving on Rosh Hashana, that's something all right.

Thank you for the kind invitation, jpr.

We were able to convince my brother to host the 18 person throng that is my family. We hosted Passover and my sister will host Thanksgiving, so we try to alternate.

Some NYc restaurants are hosting RH. I believe Tocqueville is one of them.

Happy holidays to all.