• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pizza in West Chester

Rich Pawlak

I'm looking for VERY VERY good pizza for a family reception at our hotel on Friday in West Chester. The many loud Italians in my family are, for the most part, very discerning pizza fanatics and like thin crispy pies. Any suggestions for where I might be able to get 25-30 pizzas for Friday night in West Chester???

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"

I'd agree with wkl about Sovana Bistro, but I wonder if they could do that many on a friday night? Worth a call though, they really DO make very good pizza. But be aware, they're small-ish pies.

ETA: I don't know of any other excellent pizza out that way.

Edited by philadining (log)

"Philadelphia’s premier soup dumpling blogger" - Foobooz

philadining.com

i think you may be SOL on finding VERY VERY good pizza in the west chester area.

there are, however, a few places that should be able to handle your big request. two that immediately come to mind are carmine's pizza & eatery on paoli pike in the west goshen shopping center. the other is the pizza peddler in the acme shopping center on 202 & 926.

i happen to think that jack's pizza & pasta in either frazer or exton makes a pretty good pie. i also like enzo's on rt 202s near the dillworthtown inn.

i'm thinkin you need to come out here and do some sampling and see which one you think your family'll like the best. i'd be happy to help you. :)

"The perfect lover is one who turns into pizza at 4am."

Charles Pierce

Well, the family all arrives THIS Friday, so sampling in advance is outa the question. The cousins involved in planning this weekend have been woefully tardy in their planning. I'm thinking Enzo's is the place that will be nearest our hotel, the Microtel just off 202.

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Food Writer At Large

Well, the family all arrives THIS Friday, so sampling in advance is outa the question.  The cousins involved in planning this weekend have been woefully tardy in their planning.  I'm thinking Enzo's is the place that will be nearest our hotel, the Microtel just off 202.

i think enzo's has good pizza, but i'd call em tomorrow and make sure they can handle that large a request. if they can't, pizza peddler is also close (although i think they're greek). carmine's should be able to deliver out there, as well.

Charles Pierce

I'd agree with wkl about Sovana Bistro, but I wonder if they could do that many on a friday night?  Worth a call though, they really DO make very good pizza. But be aware, they're small-ish pies.

definetly call in advance. it's byo if you choose to eat there. nice atmosphere good service. worth making a bit of a trek for.

I'd agree with wkl about Sovana Bistro, but I wonder if they could do that many on a friday night?  Worth a call though, they really DO make very good pizza. But be aware, they're small-ish pies.

definetly call in advance. it's byo if you choose to eat there. nice atmosphere good service. worth making a bit of a trek for.

Thanks for the suggestion, a bit far afield for us, and I think 80 or so folks with kids would kinda overwhelm a place like Sovano.

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Food Writer At Large

Yes, indeed. Friday night the crew went out and grabbed 20 pies from Enzo's, which were quite decent I must say, even after being boxed for a bit. They also bought a big pan of penne in red sauce. Hot wings, hoagies and wraps from Brothers Pizza rounded out our Friday night welcome reception which lasted into the wee hours over Yuenglings, PBC IPAs, Stella Artois and Harp lagers.

Saturday was a all-day excursion to Brandywine Picnic Park in Pocopson, which ended at 6. A very nice park, with a good array of above average food (pig roast, roasted corn, burgers, dogs, fries, ribs, brisket, salads, ice cream custards) and lots of things for kids. My twins loved the place. Saturday night we went back to the hotel and ordered pizzas and wings and stuff from Pizza Peddlar, all of which were also quite good,(though the Enzo's pizzas were better) and listened to great stories and anecdotes from various uncles and aunts to make it a fun end of the day. I have a very fun family.

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Food Writer At Large

Yes, indeed.  Friday night the crew went out and grabbed 20 pies from Enzo's, which were quite decent I must say, even after being boxed for a bit.  They also bought a big pan of penne in red sauce. Hot wings, hoagies and wraps from Brothers Pizza rounded out our Friday night welcome reception which lasted into the wee hours over Yuenglings, PBC IPAs, Stella Artois and Harp lagers.

Saturday was a all-day excursion to Brandywine Picnic Park in Pocopson, which ended at 6.  A very nice park, with a good array of above average food (pig roast, roasted corn, burgers, dogs, fries, ribs, brisket, salads, ice cream custards) and lots of things for kids.  My twins loved the place.  Saturday night we went back to the hotel and ordered pizzas and wings and stuff from Pizza Peddlar, all of which were also quite good,(though the Enzo's pizzas were better) and listened to great stories and anecdotes from various uncles and aunts to make it a fun end of the day.  I have a very fun family.

i'm glad things working out nicely for you. :)

Charles Pierce