• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

A friends dinner with Pres Bush and French Pres

FoodMuse

I thought some of you might be interested in this menu.

A Twitter (that's twitter.com a social networking site) friend Loic, took photos of the menu at a dinner he had with President Bush and French President Sarkozy today.

Dinner with Bush and Sarkozy Menu

http://flickr.com/photos/loiclemeur/sets/7...605592671742/nh

For Future Reference, below is the Menu

Languise marinee au citron de Menton

pomme ratee au caviar

Malloux de volailleaux artichauts

et ses petits farcis

Etuvee d'asperges et girolles

The photo quality is quite poor, so jump in if you can correct my spelling. Translation would be welcome.

In Flickr if you click 'All sizes' you'll get an larger image.

Grace

Grace Piper, host of Fearless Cooking

www.fearlesscooking.tv

My eGullet Blog: What I ate for one week Nov. 2010

Subscribe to my 5 minute video podcast through iTunes, just search for Fearless Cooking

Gosh, that's a really pedestrian-looking menu!  I'd expect to find something more interesting at any good restaurant even here in the boonies.  The wines were impressive, however.

perhaps one of the heads of state is a non-adventurous eater. and non drinker. maybe.

"Laughter is brightest where food is best."

www.chezcherie.com

Author of The I Love Trader Joe's Cookbook ,The I Love Trader Joe's Party Cookbook and The I Love Trader Joe's Around the World Cookbook

perhaps one of the heads of state is a non-adventurous eater. and non drinker. maybe.

I think the menu is rather attractive, but the wines dull. ...

Diplomatically speaking, what sort of wines should be served if both Heads of State should perchance happen to be teetotal and therefore non-participating?

Oh... right...

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch ... you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan

Another day, another country, another menu...

At first sight, this might seem a boring menu. But I actually think Sarah Brown has been very clever, choosing local ingredients showing the best of seasonal British produce.

President Bush has been travelling, so he does not want fancy food. In fact, his tastes seem to be simple anyway: he serves guests hamburgers. ...

The boring menu is given at the end of the Times' article http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_...icle4144784.ece

Salmon, Pea Soup, Roast Beef, then Trifle.

I suspect Ms Bareham may be aiming for the next Honours List. An OBN from Private Eye at the very least...

I'd guess that Mme Sarkozy might be more interesting company than Mrs Gordon Brown...

Edited by dougal (log)

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch ... you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan