• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

PBS Cooking shows on DVD?

mrsadm

Does anyone know if any of the current PBS cooking shows are out on DVD?

We don't get PBS since the antenna fell off the roof (we have DirectTV via a satellite dish) and I was in a hotel Saturday watching PBS and really miss those shows!

There was Ming, Lydia, Test Kitchen, and more .....

I searched shopPBS web site and didn't find anything.

Any clues to the PBS-deprived?

Thanks!

"Did you see what Julia Child did to that chicken?" ... Howard Borden on "Bob Newhart"

Do a Google search for the chef you're interested in and you should find their web sites.

For example, you can purchase the "America's Test Kitchen" DVD's from their web site. Lydia doesn't sell DVD's on her own web site but Amazon sells them here (click). You get a better deal with "America's Test Kitchen"...Lydia's shows are broken up into different collections but you can get all of ATK's shows on just 4 DVD's.

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

Do a Google search for the chef you're interested in and you should find their web sites.

For example, you can purchase the "America's Test Kitchen" DVD's from their web site. Lydia doesn't sell DVD's on her own web site but Amazon sells them here (click). You get a better deal with "America's Test Kitchen"...Lydia's shows are broken up into different collections but you can get all of ATK's shows on just 4 DVD's.

Thanks, Toliver. I will order the Test Kitchen set. At $14.99 PER EPISODE I think Lydia is getting a bit greedy!

But I appreciate the pointers...

"Did you see what Julia Child did to that chicken?" ... Howard Borden on "Bob Newhart"

Thanks, Toliver.  I will order the Test Kitchen set.  At $14.99 PER EPISODE I think Lydia is getting a bit greedy!

But I appreciate the pointers...

I don't know if the situation for DVDs is the same as that for books, but Cook's Illustrated has a reputation for putting people on mailing lists after the first purchase, and mailing out unwanted and unrequested books (expecting payment for them). If you do order from ATK, make it very clear that you do not want to be the recipient of further items unless you have ordered them.