• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Philly Sunday breakfast/brunch--Carmen's?

pennbrew

I'm dropping off a cask at Triumph for the Real Ale Fest Sunday (they want it there around 11am), and I'm hoping to find something good and distinctive to eat before the event at 1pm. I've read about Carmen's here before, can anyone offer an idea of the timeframe needed if I show up around 11:30? Would I be better off going there earlier and then to Triumph? It'll either be just me or I may be meeting a friend or 2 if that makes a difference getting seated at Carmens.

Any advice?

Thanks!

---Guy

Be sure to make a reservation. Carman only takes Sunday reservations on Sunday. If the number of people changes, let them know. Be on time. Reservations aren't held for long if anyone else is waiting.

If you're one, at that hour, you'll sit at the counter. Two or more, depends where there is space.

Carman will have you in and out within an hour or less.

Also, don't pet the dog no matter how friendly she appears.

Enjoy.

Holly Moore

"I eat, therefore I am."

HollyEats.Com

Twitter