• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wanted: Russian candybar with condensed milk

I am looking high and low for a candybar I have eaten bunches of on my trips to Moscow in 2003-2006. It's a little, fat candybar that consists of a condensed milk filling, sometimes with a strip of soft caramel in the middle. Covered in a thin layer of chocolate and kept in the fridge. The wrapping was shiny silver/blue and the caramel version had a picture of a little boy.

It would make my day, if anyone had the name, and maybe a better description of the filling. Maybe I can recreate the taste at home in my chocolates.

I have googled to no avail.

There's a Russian candy (but not candy bar) called Mishka Kosolapy that is "made of dark chocolate, wafers, and sweet condensed milk."

And you may have already seen this, but do any of these at russiantable.com look familar? There's a bar with a little boy on it called "Alenka" that comes in different varieties.

You might want to try posting on the "Elsewhere in Europe" forum, as someone in Russia may be more able to help. I think Alinka is still there, so perhaps you could pm her.

Thanks! Unfortunately it's not on that site. I think it will be difficult to buy online, as it needs to be refridgerated. It does not have wafers, only condensed milk filling with a consistency like thick pastry cream.

I will try the other forum too :biggrin: