• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where to order clear plastic cones

Tri2Cook

I need some clear plastic cones for molding various cold items and chocolate, prefer in the 3.5"-4.5" range. Within Canada would be great for faster delivery and avoiding duties but I can do U.S. too. JBPrince has them but also has a minimum order amount to Canada and according to their shipping info doesn't give the shipping cost to Canada up front, just bills it to your card when they figure it out... that's scary to me.

Edited by Tri2Cook (log)

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

IJBPrince has them but also has a minimum order amount to Canada and according to their shipping info doesn't give the shipping cost to Canada up front, just bills it to your card when they figure it out... that's scary to me.

Just in case you can't find another source, usually, if you email with what you're planning to order, plus your address, they'll give you (or at least estimate) the shipping costs before you order.

I'm not 100% sure of what you're looking for

THIS. Or rather, this is the end result. The molds are just individual clear plastic cones. I don't actually need 100 of them but at that price I don't mind ordering that many if the shipping isn't too ridiculous so I'm going to shoot them an email and find out once I decide what else I want to order to make the $100 minimum (unless I find them elsewhere which I haven't managed to do so far).

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

I'm not 100% sure of what you're looking for

THIS. Or rather, this is the end result. The molds are just individual clear plastic cones. I don't actually need 100 of them but at that price I don't mind ordering that many if the shipping isn't too ridiculous so I'm going to shoot them an email and find out once I decide what else I want to order to make the $100 minimum (unless I find them elsewhere which I haven't managed to do so far).

I was looking at them when I was in JB Prince. Actually knocked over several of them on the display. I considered picking up a couple of each shape, but then figured I had enough to carry. I'd have brought them home for you if I'd known you wanted them.

Not hard to spend $100 there.

Edited by Kerry Beal (log)

I have had a problem unmolding that type. I felt the best way was to cut them. You can use the Poland Spring , water cooler cone cups. They are waxed lined which work well if you paint them with chocolate, fill them then unmold after a few hours. They are extremely economical and you can get tehm anywhere

"Chocolate has no calories....

Chocolate is food for the soul, The soul has no weight, therefore no calories" so said a customer, a lovely southern woman, after consuming chocolate indulgence

SWEET KARMA DESSERTS

www.sweetkarmadesserts.com

550 East Meadow Ave. East meadow, NY 11554

516-794-4478

Brian Fishman