• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

It's Cucumber Time! Ideas?

Sony

Two standards: 

1. Cucumbers and onion (and cauliflower and par-boiled carrots, if I get ambitious) in cider vinegar with sugar, white papper and coriander.

2. Just cucumbers in rice vinegar, mirin, a dab of hone, grated ginger (lots) and soy sauce. A dash or two of Sriracha to perk it up. (Edamame is also good like this.)

• Like 2

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

My usual way is roll cut or smacked cukes, big dollop of hot chili oil or Lao Gan Ma, soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, Chinese black vinegar, bit of sugar. This sauce is also good on cold tofu. 

I've also been enjoying it dressed with gochugaru (Korean pepper flakes), minced garlic, green onions, toasted sesame oil, soy or fish sauce, bit of rice vinegar and sugar, sesame seeds. 

One of these will be tonight's dinner!

• Like 2