• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

ISO Chipotles in London

I will readilly admit that I cheat. I will use canned ingredients and especially rely on chipotles in adobo sauce to give instant heat and flavour to pork chops, steaks, salmon...

It's been my secret weapon in whipping up fast, easy, flavour packed meals on weeknights after long hours at work when you just can't be bothered to slave for an hour (or hours) prepping your meal.

So does anyone know where I can get this product in London?

You can get them at the Spice Shop in Portobello too, which also sells decent (though tinned) refried beans and tomatillo salsa.

Cool Chile also does mailorder: www.coolchile.co.uk

And I know what you mean about chipotles in adobo - I'm a bit lost without them. Until I discovered Dodi's chile company, I used to exceed my flight weight allowance in chipotle tins every time I went home. :smile:

Edit disclosure: being a computer geek surrounded by design geeks, I wrote Adobe instead of adobo. Ooops.

Any idea how long chipotles in adobo sauce will last once the can is open.  I have a conatiner that I opened a month ago that is sitting in the fridge - do you think they are still good.

I don't like to keep them longer than 7-10 days. After that, they seem to take on a slimy sort of feel. I usually buy the small cans.

I don't know if there are any adverse health risks.