• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

When did this start? TVs at the table.

Darin Smith

I went into a place called Fiddler's Crab House. Standard overpriced fried/steamed fish and shellfish place. At quite a few booths there was an flat screen TV at eye level for the customers at that table. They could set the channel and volume at whatever they would like. What's next? Will we turn the booths into a couch and recliner? little coffee table in front?

it was a while ago around here...

http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=60600&hl=

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

"What's next? Will we turn the booths into a couch and recliner?"

Actually, there is a very successful chain of independently owned restaurant/cinamas in my area that do precisely that. They provide patrons with a movie and luxury automobile reclining seats while their customers eat pizza & chicken fingers, and drink beer. Its not about the food. An alternative form of entertainment is required. Kinda like Hooters, not about the food, its about the...owls?

I've seen it at sports bars. Can work well there. I've all seen it (not in person, but pictures) at the Grand Hyatt at DFW Airport. Not at booths, but at the counter/"bar". Each little station is separated and has a TV. Ideal for the solo travelling buisiness person.

Jeff Meeker, aka "jsmeeker"