• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Croatian Hot Chocolate

apronstrings

All throughout Croatia, we feasted on the amazing hot chocolate. It was so luscious and thick that you could stand a spoon up in it. It came in colorful little packets, and, I think, had a photo on each one. The chocolate came in a variety of flavors. Inside many of the cafes were posters advertising this drinking chocolate. I want to buy my hubby a box of these packets for his b-day, but can't remember the brand name. I know this particular brand is popular throughout the former Yugoslavia, and Venice, where we savored it as well. I've been searchng the web, without any success. Can anyone help me????

My cousins on the Serbian side of the family have visited the "Old Country" on several occasions, and always send me a gift package of local products.

Here are some brands of cocoa mix available by mail order. I think I've had the Kras.

There is also a popular vitamin fortified chocolate drink mix for children, kind of like the old Bosco.

SB :smile:

Edited by srhcb (log)

Thanks, guys! No, those weren't the brand I remember ( I mean CAN'T remember). But if I have no success, I will definitely order the Bliss. Have either of you tried it? I wonder how the home version is.

Thanks, guys! No, those weren't the brand I remember ( I mean CAN'T remember). But if I have no success, I will definitely order the Bliss. Have either of you tried it? I wonder how the home version is.

I think shellygirl is correct, read the description;

http://sfbayaxis.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv...e=Hot_Chocolate

That wasn't chicken