• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Redeye Grill

grillboy

I am invited to dinner next Wednesday at the Redeye Grill, one of Shelly Fireman's restaurants on 7th/56th. Has anyone been and can offer advice on what to try/not try. Any recommendations, suggestions or comments would be appreciated as I have never eaten there.

Thanks,

Grillboy

I've been there a couple of times, but it's been awhile. It's fine if you stick to the simple stuff. They make a nice cobb salad as I recall, prepared tableside.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

I hate the joint. Its incredibly noisy and overpriced. And they rape you every time you need to go to the mens room.

They make a fun coconut shrimp appetizer though.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

• 2 years later...

Any thought on this place? Never been there and a friend suggested it since it is close to our ultimate destination the Carnegie Club. Not looking to be swept off my feet but won't stand for an overpriced , crummy meal either. Is ok, or no?

"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." ~Winston Churchill

Morels- God's gift to the unworthy human species

i recall the raw bar looking thing not having anything raw on it. aside from some basic sushi, i don't recall raw oysters or clams or whatnot.

the place is expensive, loud, and a stone's throw from better options. not a bad place if you're 27 and on an expense account. and you're not too concerned about food. or service.

edit: this comment is about REG. i misread nicole's comment about the raw bar as being about the REG raw bar. so ignore that part of this post for sure.

Edited by tommy (log)