• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Christmas Dinner. Prime Rib.

jsmeeker

I just had one of their pinot noirs for the first time (didn't catch the year/specific name/etc.), and it was just like their rhone-grape wines.

Thank you for mentioning that. Pinot is not supposed to taste like syrah and vice versa. Do we really need to turn all varieties into the same wine?

Just so nobody gets me wrong, I didn't mean that it tasted like grenache or syrah. I just meant that it was made in the style they use for those wines. Meaning, BIG. (I probably should have said, "it was just like their rhone-grape wines, except it tasted like pinot noir.")

Actually, I'm sure you know what I meant, and your point obviously still stands.

Edited by Sneakeater (log)

I just had one of their pinot noirs for the first time (didn't catch the year/specific name/etc.), and it was just like their rhone-grape wines.

Thank you for mentioning that. Pinot is not supposed to taste like syrah and vice versa. Do we really need to turn all varieties into the same wine?

Well, that depends what kind of score you want :raz: (running for cover. . .)

We cannot employ the mind to advantage when we are filled with excessive food and drink - Cicero