• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

CentralMA

CentralMA

Answered my own question

That Symfonisk certainly isn't a high quality item, but it does the job for the purpose I have it in. I go between NPR and BBC Radio Scotland during the day and evening. When I purchased that cabinet a few days ago I stopped by the Scratch and Dent area of the New Haven Ikea, sitting there right in front was a (weird) black Symfonisk Lamp, usually $175, marked down to $99. With their return policy I couldn't resist. We'll see if I keep it.

Good to know about the gauges. I may give the store a call to see if they're available. They've got the replacement black knobs on order for me, not sure how soon they'll arrive.

Electrician and gas fitter have both been in touch. That's good.

And I gave up the ductwork install. Got too hot up there by 2:00PM. Just another 4' and the vent cut in the sidewall to do. That's tomorrow morning.

Quick question: did your range come with the broiler pan and accessories? Or is that a purchase item as standard?

And a quick edit: Did a quick Google for "BlueStar Broiler Pan", the first hit was this: https://www.bluestarcooking.com/support/redeem-your-broiler-pan/

Looks like a freebie....

CentralMA

CentralMA

That Symfonisk certainly isn't a high quality item, but it does the job for the purpose I have it in. I go between NPR and BBC Radio Scotland during the day and evening. When I purchased that cabinet a few days ago I stopped by the Scratch and Dent area of the New Haven Ikea, sitting there right in front was a (weird) black Symfonisk Lamp, usually $175, marked down to $99. With their return policy I couldn't resist. We'll see if I keep it.

Good to know about the gauges. I may give the store a call to see if they're available. They've got the replacement black knobs on order for me, not sure how soon they'll arrive.

Electrician and gas fitter have both been in touch. That's good.

And I gave up the ductwork install. Got too hot up there by 2:00PM. Just another 4' and the vent cut in the sidewall to do. That's tomorrow morning.

Quick question: did your range come with the broiler pan and accessories? Or is that a purchase item as standard?