• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Boston food scene?

NewBoston

Great summary eipi10, I pretty much agree on everything you said.

We must have met several times over the last three years as you seem to follow the same path through cambridge and somerville as I do. The only difference I see is Korean food, I am usually happy at Wu-Chon. I know it is not Koreatown LA, but still pretty good food.

Great summary eipi10, I pretty much agree on everything you said.

We must have met  several times over the last three years as you seem to follow the same path through cambridge and somerville as I do. The only difference I see is Korean food, I am usually happy at Wu-Chon. I know it is not Koreatown LA, but still pretty good food.

WuChon House is OK. I think what upset me about WuChon House is that one time I ordered sushi from there and it wasn't very good. I know, sushi, but still... Everything else has been good. Like you say, it's not on par with KTown. But I like it better than Koreana and Seoul Food and probably Shilla also.

Edited by eipi10 (log)

korean food is absolutely horrible here in boston. I guess it's because there isn't a huge korean population here. I am originally from Maryland, so I was more exposed to better (not the best) korean food as well as my mom's. I really wish there would be more korean bakeries doing french style pastries, more jampong & jajangmyun places, bigger korean grocery stores (the ones in MD are huge), and a korean food court that serves korean comfort food and soondae.

I can't get soondae here to save my life

BEARS, BEETS, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA