• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New El Bulli Website

rcianci

Looks like El Bulli recently revamped their website. They've got 1200 photos tracing the evolution of their cuisine, a timeline, "historical" documents (such as their permit to put in a miniature golf course back in 1961), and testimonials from the key players. I've been exploring the site for 2 days now and I find it quite engrossing. I'd be interested to read other members' comments.

El Bulli

Edited by rcianci (log)

Wow! Going through photos of the 2005 season made me realize that my experience was only the tip of the iceberg. It is incredible how many different dishes they invent each year.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

Amazon.com lists an upcoming book by Ferran Adria that perhaps we all can afford.  It's called Chefs Against Hunger and it's only $14.92. 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/193316909...glance&n=283155

Do you or anyone else know anything about this book?

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

I guess I am brain dead tonight. I can't seem to find the pictures. I click the link in the OP, then click "EN" for English. Then click the "enter ElBulli.com" link. From there, I am poking around, but can't find photos.

Edit: NEver mind. I finally found them. :rolleyes::unsure::wacko:

Edited by jsmeeker (log)

Jeff Meeker, aka "jsmeeker"

i'm sure i'll sound like a complete looser by asking this, but are all the restaurants considered equal? meaning if i wanted to plan a trip to visit one, is there one over another i should focus on?

Thanks for the tip on this.

but be aware, right before the publication of '98/02', they had a similiar galaria which didn't stay around all that long.

Nice ctuff , thanks a bunch for it!

2317/5000

i'm sure i'll sound like a complete looser by asking this, but are all the restaurants considered equal? meaning if i wanted to plan a trip to visit one, is there one over another i should focus on?

What do you mean by "all the restaurants"? I think there is only one El Bulli.

Ok, mind is blown once again...

The desserts for 2005 are 'freakin me out.

I need these books!!!!

Beautiful!

PS: I keep seeing desserts with 'CRU' in the title.

Are these inspired by CRU, the restaurant or something else all together?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by tan319 (log)

2317/5000

Ok, mind is blown once again...

The desserts for 2005 are 'freakin me out.

I need these books!!!!

Beautiful!

PS: I keep seeing desserts with 'CRU' in the title.

Are these inspired by CRU, the restaurant or something else all together?

Thanks in advance!

Something else all together. They named CRU preparations in which they vacuum seal fruits or vegetables in syrup (and in some cases with added flavoring like mint or rose water), and are refrigerated, the syrup infuses the fruit and it changes their texture and flavor, as well as adding a certain "transulsence" to them.

Why exactly CRU and not something else, have no idea, but in the 2005 book, they make reference to any idea or concept they have seen in any other restaurant (and there are many of these references), they make no mention of CRU or any other restaurant for this technique.

Arley Sasson