• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lunch in Portland

We're landing in Portland. I've never been there. We have about three hours before we head to Lincoln City. Any lunch suggestions near the airport? We can drive as we'll be renting a car. We're going tomorrow, but we'll have the same situation on the way back next week.

Actually, if you're heading to Lincoln City from the airport, almost anyplace in Portland is sort of on the way. Since clarklewis is no longer open for lunch, my current favorite is:

Park Kitchen

422 NW 8th Ave

(503) 223-7275

Lots of other good lunch places in Portland too:

Higgins

Carafe

Le Bouchon

Bluehour

(and many more)

Check out our Fooddoings and more at A View from Eastmoreland

We've been to Park Kitchen for dinner, it was very good. I had a great lunch at Carlyle in Feb. We will be trying Fenouil for lunch soon, I'll report back how we like it. Bluehour is very good, but we've only had dinner there. Cheers! :)

• 3 weeks later...

How did you like it? We enjoyed our dinner there. Lunch at Fenouil was excellent. I had the butter lettuces and the salmon. Very reasonably priced. Gorgeous dining room. Our desserts were very good. Profiteroles and chocolate souffle. Small portions but only around $4 each. We want to return here for dinner sometime. :)