• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

"Hi! I hope you like garlic!"

So what's the word Fresser?   Didnt you get the lowdown from the friends at the dinner?

She's 31 this month and I'm a Jack Bennyesque 39, but apparently she took me to be in my forties. Must have been my mature demeanor. :hmmm:

If it's any consolation, I was about 35 when I realized I'd passed up several truly great guys for truly stupid reasons.

She's not smart enough to deserve you. Kate, on the other hand, seems very bright. . .

If it's any consolation, I was about 35 when I realized I'd passed up several truly great guys for truly stupid reasons.

She's not smart enough to deserve you.  Kate, on the other hand, seems very bright. . .

You're both adorable. :wub:

There are two sides to every story and one side to a Möbius band.

borschtbelt.blogspot.com

If she guessed your age and didnt bother to confirm with her friend, she doesnt have enough smarts to worry about.

"You dont know everything in the world! You just know how to read!" -an ah-hah! moment for 6-yr old Miss O.

Aw, Fresser, I'm so sorry it didn't work out. But I agree with those above. If she can't appreciate a--32 (one), 33 (two), 34 (three), 35 (four), 36 (five)...new hand...37 (six), 38 (seven), 39 (EIGHT!!)--eight year age difference, then she ain't worth it. I've always liked older men myself.

Karen C.

"Oh, suddenly life’s fun, suddenly there’s a reason to get up in the morning – it’s called bacon!" - Sookie St. James

Travelogue: Ten days in Tuscany

Folks, a few managers have conferred, and this topic -- which was only tangientially about food to begin with -- has run its course. If there are food-related issues concerning Ratner's brunch that you'd like to bring up elsewhere, please do so!

Chris Amirault

eG Ethics Signatory

Sir Luscious got gator belts and patty melts