• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lunch in Red Bank

menton1

I agree with Taboni on McLoone's. I would probably try the Bistro @ Red Bank. They have sushi, salads and brick oven pizza. Not gourmet by any stretch of the imagination but fine lunch food if you asked me. Its also centrally located downtown. Here is a link to their lunch menu -http://www.thebistroatredbank.com/menu.htm

Good luck and let us know where you went and whether you enjoyed your meal.

Not sure if Dish is open for lunch but we had a very good meal there a couple of weeks ago.

Dish is NOT open for lunch. Bistro at Red Bank sounds good, but eerily similar to a place up North that I don't much care for, Baumgart's. Sushi and Pizza are an odd combination.

I know you said no Italian, but Buona Sera is the antithisis of the Mozz and Marinara style of many Italian American joints.

Dish is good but they don't do lunch. Juanitos is decent Tex/Mex and Teak does good contemporary Asian/American cuisine. Two if by Sea does pretty good seafood.

Siam Garden does pretty good Thai but I feel they are overpriced. I've been to Vong in Manhattan and Siam Garden is not Vong, though from the prices you would think so. You could actually save money by taking the train up to Woodbridge and eating at Mie Thai instead. Of couse there is always the Broadway Diner...

Over in Little Silver there is the Village Bistro, Little Sezchuan and Turning Point Cafe.

As for Pier Village in Long Branch, I feel McCloones Pier House is a typical seaside Touron Trap. Spectacular views with matching prices, mediocre food and crappy service. You might want to go to the Greek place or the other location for Turning point. This spring Sawa II, a local Sushi joint is opening a place in Pier Village. If you are willing to travel to Long Branch tho, I'd strongly recommend Pearl of the Sea Portugese restaurant.

For a listing of Monmouth County restaurant websites you can check out a Collection I've been working on...

Edited by =Mark (log)

=Mark

Give a man a fish, he eats for a Day.

Teach a man to fish, he eats for Life.

Teach a man to sell fish, he eats Steak

Just thought of another ... for classic french try La Petit France. I believe they are open for lunch.

Mark - You really like the food at Buona Sera? The few times I've been there I enjoyed the scene however I've never been impressed with the food.

Actually I like the food at Buona Sera much more than Petit France, but caveat that with the fact that I only do Buona Sera for lunch. Ever since they expanded the bar the dinners are just too loud... For the prices they are asking at Petit France I just was not impressed. Am always amazed at the fact they are still open as I almost never see anyone in there.

=Mark

Give a man a fish, he eats for a Day.

Teach a man to fish, he eats for Life.

Teach a man to sell fish, he eats Steak