• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

no pan for chiffon cake!

kaneel

I have every size and shape of cake pans imagenable(sp??) except for a angel food /chiffon cake pan. I have never made these type of cake before but i am craving some lemon chiffon cake

Has anyone baked this cake in a bundt pan or regular pan??

Pleae help the more i am thinking i can't make the cake the more i am craving it! :shock:

I have every size and shape of cake pans imagenable(sp??) except for a angel food /chiffon cake pan. I have never made these type of cake before but i am craving some lemon chiffon cake

Has anyone baked this cake in a bundt pan  or regular pan??

Pleae help the more i am thinking i can't make the cake the more i am craving it! :shock:

I have a friend on another cooking board who bakes chiffon cakes in regular, round cake pans all the time. I would be a little leery of a bundt pan, as you mustn't grease the pan for chiffon (it needs traction to rise properly), but a round springform pan should be fine.

I made a lemon chiffon cake this week, and it was heaven!

I realize it's probably too late... but I bake pecan chiffon cakes in loaf pans (for a log cake) and on baking sheets for a jelly-roll type cake. Both work fine - just remember to turn them upside down over something that will keep them at least 1" off the counter to cool.