• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Drinkable office coffee?

dianem

Which Keurig did you get? The B100 or the B2003?

I use a B60 and yes, the dark roasts are much better. Green Mountain has some very good "Extra Bold" K-cups which have more coffee in the actual cups, such as their Sumatra Dark Magic Extra Bold. Timothy's has a blend called "Wiiiwii" that is supposed to be very good and they also have Rainforest Espresso which is also an Extra Bold.

http://www.coffeewhiz.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=118

For the most part the K-cups are good for 8oz pours unless its an extra bold or dark roast. Most of the Timothy's roasts are light or medium roasts, and don't hold up to a lot of liquid, so you want to go for the smaller pours.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Which Keurig did you get? The B100 or the B2003?

I use a B60 and yes, the dark roasts are much better. Green Mountain has some very good "Extra Bold" K-cups which have more coffee in the actual cups, such as their Sumatra Dark Magic Extra Bold. Timothy's has a blend called "Wiiiwii" that is supposed to be very good and they also have Rainforest Espresso which is also an Extra Bold.

http://www.coffeewhiz.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=118

For the most part the K-cups are good for 8oz pours unless its an extra bold or dark roast. Most of the Timothy's roasts are light or medium roasts, and don't hold up to a lot of liquid, so you want to go for the smaller pours.

It's the B2003. Size seems to be about 7.25 oz.

d.