• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Grilled Cheese at Jean-Talon

toto2

For the remain of october , I will be at jean-Talon market , in front of "Marché des saveurs" , selling grilled cheese sandwichs for my rfondation ! I can tall you , they are quite good : Ile-aux-grue Cheddar, bacon and apple, or Chèvre- fin and sundried tomato pesto , or Saint-Honoré with homemade fig compote ! They are very tasty and for a good cause , The little Elves Fondation , wich send holyday gifts to people living with HIV/AIDS across Canada. Stop by , and say Hello ! I wont bre there every weekend , but ask for Antoine . I would be happy to meet some E guletters !

You can visit the foundation at : www.ptitslutins.org

The website is bilingual !

Thanks !

visit my fondation: www.ptitslutins.org

I started a food blog : http://antoniodelaruepapineau.blogspot.com/

(in french)

We were just there a few days ago, on Saturday! We saw you!

I remember commenting about grilled cheese sandwiches, and how neat that was.

My husband and I traveled up to Montreal from Philadelphia for the weekend to see Michel Sardou.

The market was the only thing we did besides eat out and see the concert.

Great market....bought lots of cheese and all sorts of items to carry back in the car. The teeny size of the bluets were super! So sweet and cute!

We were surprised at the many colors of the cauliflower....the gorgeous tiny artichokes, gosh, what else! What a super market! Some of those pumpkins were huge!

Laloux and L'express were great. The Chef at Laloux talked to us a few times, the Maitre'd at L'express was nice as well... Trois Brasseurs was a good brew pub on St. Denis, with a tarte flambee/flammekuchen...the lunch place at the market Prince Noir was good.

...And the concert was super!

Wish we would have had a grille fromage!

Philly Francophiles

If it was in front of Marché des Saveurs , it was us !

MdS started doing grilled cheese with another organisation that help people in the market erea , at the beguining of september. The next weekend , QuiLait Cru , started doing them...

I improved on the other group "recipie" ( Well , I think I improoved !)

(in french)

Thank you for your input !

I will have to keep your exellent idea for next year , sine we are only spending october and november at Le Marché ! But I can see November as the onion soup month next year !

Now , if the weather can just cooperate with us...we had to postpone this weekend !

(in french)