• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Morton's 2 for $99 deal

Ling

OMG...I can't for the life of me figure out how to post the coupon. I'll forward it to anyone's email if they're interested. Just PM me with your email address. (This offer is only valid at the Vancouver location, Oct. 1st-Nov. 23rd)

The deal includes:

-Caesar salad/Morton's salad

-2 Beef Wellingtons

-1 potato dish and 1 vegetable dish

-creme brulee or molten chocolate cake

Edited by Ling (log)

Add tax, tip a couple drinks to start and a cheap bottle of wine and you'll drop 200 bucks on a very substandard meal.

Or you could take the same 200 bucks, your significant other and another couple to Cru. Eat better, drink better, get way better value.

Yeah I'm still bitter becuase I fell for the Mortons scam once before.

Add tax, tip a couple drinks to start and a cheap bottle of wine and you'll drop 200 bucks on a very substandard meal.

Or you could take the same 200 bucks, your significant other and another couple to Cru. Eat better, drink better, get way better value.

Yeah I'm still bitter becuase I fell for the Mortons scam once before.

Is this the same deal as before? 2 can dine for $99? Sandy and I went last time and I quite enjoyed it but then again we arn't the type to order too many drinks. Maybe a shared glass of wine with dinner so it ended up being like $110 plus tip.

LOTS of food tho, we couldn't finish!

Wes

"There are two things every chef needs in the kitchen: fish sauce and duck fat" - Tony Minichiello

Or take your $200 to Hy's Encore and have a Caesar made tableside, a decent steak, and the best reason to break your diet that doesn't involve chocolate: the best cheese toast ever concocted.

(I have nothing in particular against Morton's, although I've only eaten at the one in Philadelphia.)

Agenda-free since 1966.

Foodblog: Power, Convection and Lies

Ling, you could come here, get more and spend less.

Yeah, I know. The guy I'm dating (err...not the guy who's taking me out to dinner tonight for my birthday...) is a huge fan of the 2 for $99 deal. But then again, he also eats microwavable KD and McCain's Deep and Delicious cake. :sad: I just won't tell him I got the coupon in my email this morning, and take him to HSG soon. I've already told him about the gingerbread pudding. :smile:

Are you saying that you will honour the competitors coupon?

Uhh for $99 I'm sure Neil could give us some pretty fine dining :)

Mmmm :)

Man how do you make a cake for 'Ling' when she's the dessert expert. That's like buying an engagement ring for a girl who works in a diamond shop!

"There are two things every chef needs in the kitchen: fish sauce and duck fat" - Tony Minichiello

I'll find out for you Fud - we're going to HSG on Friday for some mighty fine Hangar Steak and GBP. Good work on the promotions and the menu, Neil - I couldn't dial the phone fast enough.

I got the Morton's coupon too - but it's only for Beef Wellington - my God - what an awful thing to do to a steak.

Anybody who believes that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach flunked geography.

~ Robert Byrne

Are you saying that you will honour the competitors coupon?

I wouldn't need to. You could get more and spend less. Regular menu, no deal.

2 6 oz filets ( they already come with sides ), 2 caesar salads and two gingerbread puddings for $82.00

You could even get a couple of glasses of wine and still be under $99.00

If you had 12 oz New Yorks, you would be spending $4.00 less

If I honoured the coupons and accepted your $99.00, I would be way ahead.

Added bonus : at any time, there are other eGulleter's in the room. You could play spot the "foodie" for money.

Neil Wyles

Hamilton Street Grill

www.hamiltonstreetgrill.com

I've pruned a number of posts from this thread as they had nothing to do with Morton's or "steak deals" in town, or food for that matter.

Keep it focused.  Keep it real. :cool:

A.

Focused and real are way overated.

Morton's keep sending us these 2 for $99 deals too.

We went a few months back and felt really bad for all the food that just went into the trash. Don't get me wrong, we can eat quite a bit, but these are American size portions and just way too big.

The steak, excellent, the rest...meh.

I had heard a while back that Morton's was doing so poorly that they were on a cash only basis with their suppliers. Anyone know if there is truth to that?

On the subject of beef.......

In the lounge here at the Hotel Vancouver, the best prime rib sandwich is served at lunch for only $14.95. Slow roasted for 18 hours....hand carved. On from 12-2pm. Comes with caesar salad.

Ian McTavish

General Manager / Capones Restaurant & Live Jazz Club

I agree. I am not aware, aside from doing it yourself - even then I am not sure if you can, where you can get half a Dungeness crab (which was pretty big if you ask me) and a good 12 or so ounce steak for the price I paid last week at Neil’s place. What a deal for this west coast surf and turf! Is this going to be a staple on the menu? Being from T.O. the Dungeness crab pushes $10-12 bucks a pound on sale so it was a nice treat. We should not be so hard on Ling, I would have gone to Morton's and paid full price in the event that someone really, really wanted to go - which would have been the only time - so the note about the coupon was of assistance. I wonder if I can use it in T.O. Ling, please send a copy to me and I shall try.

officially left egullet....

I agree. I am not aware, aside from doing it yourself - even then I am not sure if you can, where you can get half a Dungeness crab (which was pretty big if you ask me) and a good 12 or so ounce steak for the price I paid last week at Neil’s place. What a deal for this west coast surf and turf! Is this going to be a staple on the menu? Being from T.O. the Dungeness crab pushes $10-12 bucks a pound on sale so it was a nice treat. We should not be so hard on Ling, I would have gone to Morton's and paid full price in the event that someone really, really wanted to go - which would have been the only time - so the note about the coupon was of assistance. I wonder if I can use it in T.O. Ling, please send a copy to me and I shall try.

That's OK, no one's being hard on me. :smile: The only thing I really enjoy at Morton's is the ribeye (which is not included in the deal, of course). The sides and desserts are all OK, but not things that are hard to do in the home kitchen. The jumbo prawn cocktails is nice, but kind of expensive at over $20 for 4 prawns. When I dine out, I only want to order items that are:

a) too much work to do for 2 people

b) too difficult for me to cook at home

c) of excellent quality, and only sold to restaurants (like certain grades of steak)

The coupon states that the offer is only good at the Vancouver location.

We went to Morton 3 times for the same coupon deal in July '05 with different group of people each time.

Must mentioned that the Melting Chocolate Cake is the best in town, IMO.

Good size, warm, and very dreamy chocolaty. :wub:

It's a pretty good deal all in all.

Oh, and I really like their mint. Smooth, melt in your mouth kind.

Ordered from Hospitality Mints: http://www.hospitalitymints.com/Default.htm

Still hunting around town to get more of these mints. They're addictive!

Chemically speaking, chocolate really is the world's perfect food. --Michael Levine, nutrition researcher

In the lounge here at the Hotel Vancouver, the best prime rib sandwich is served at lunch for only $14.95.  Slow roasted for 18 hours....hand carved.  On from 12-2pm.  Comes with caesar salad.

Which lounge? Lobby Lounge?

Looked into it, found this:

Restaurants

The Carvery

Presenting our Executive Sandwich in 900 West Lounge

Hours of Operation:

Monday to Friday only from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.

Dress Code:

Smart Casual

Reservations:

Reservations are not required.

Slow-Roasted 'Pride of Alberta' Prime Rib Sandwich, Carved to Order - $14.00 served with traditional condiments served and a Classic Caesar Salad.

Please see our Chef Carver for your Lunch Order!

900 West Lounge

11:30 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. Sunday to Thursday

clickable link below

Fairmont Hotel Vancouver - Carvery

"If cookin' with tabasco makes me white trash, I don't wanna be recycled."

courtesy of jsolomon

In the lounge here at the Hotel Vancouver, the best prime rib sandwich is served at lunch for only $14.95.  Slow roasted for 18 hours....hand carved.  On from 12-2pm.  Comes with caesar salad.

Which lounge? Lobby Lounge?

Looked into it, found this:

Restaurants

The Carvery

Presenting our Executive Sandwich in 900 West Lounge

Hours of Operation:

Monday to Friday only from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.

Dress Code:

Smart Casual

Reservations:

Reservations are not required.

Slow-Roasted 'Pride of Alberta' Prime Rib Sandwich, Carved to Order - $14.00 served with traditional condiments served and a Classic Caesar Salad.

Please see our Chef Carver for your Lunch Order!

900 West Lounge

11:30 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. Sunday to Thursday

clickable link below

Fairmont Hotel Vancouver - Carvery

It's up to $14.95 now,

Served in the Lobby Lounge.

The great thing is it's fast, you just come in, tell the server that you'd like the Carvery sandwich and it is carved right there in the lounge. The chef is standing right next to the lobby. You can even walk up and get it yourself from the chef. (The original idea was that guests could go to the carver directly, but it has now morphed into it being served to you.) But feel free to get up and talk to the chef personally.

Ian McTavish

Looks tasty! I think I'll give it a try today.

Let me know how everything was (service included)

Had lunch there Friday, and it was great! It came with an excellent Caesar Salad. The Prime Rib itself was very flavorful and tender and was served with gravy, horseradish and dijon. Beer was $7, Prime Rib Sandwich was $15, so after tax and tip it was close to $30. A little pricey for lunch I think, but I'll be going back.

Edit: Service was also top notch.

Edited by waylman (log)

Looks tasty! I think I'll give it a try today.

Let me know how everything was (service included)

Had lunch there Friday, and it was great! It came with an excellent Caesar Salad. The Prime Rib itself was very flavorful and tender and was served with gravy, horseradish and dijon. Beer was $7, Prime Rib Sandwich was $15, so after tax and tip it was close to $30. A little pricey for lunch I think, but I'll be going back.

Edit: Service was also top notch.

Good to know.....

FYI, Carvery lunch available Monday to Friday, 12pm-2pm. Not available on holidays.

Ian McTavish