• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Donut peaches, what to do with them...

aidensnd2

Anyone have any ideas what to do with donut peaches which will retain their uniqueness? I mean I could use them in any typical peach dessert but then I might as well just use 'normal' peaches.

Thanks in advance.

a year or two ago, or maybe a little longer, sherry yard did a recipe for us where she pitted the peaches, leaving them whole, then poached them in a simple syrup. she made some kind of cinnamon crumb combination, rolled the peaches in that and then, iirc, baked them. great dish and one of the few that really plays with the peach's shape. it may be available online someplace.

Do donut peaches taste any different than regular peaches?

Only the chocolate glazed ones do. :raz: Sorry, couldn't resist.

"I just hate health food"--Julia Child

Jennifer Garner

buttercream pastries

I have actually done a dessert where we roasted the pitted (with an apple corer or paring knife so that they looked even more like a doughnut- they had a hole in the middle!!) peaches, and then spooned some Amaretto rice pudding with salty almond brittle on top of the rice pudding. Served slightly warm, it was delicious. Have also used them savory as well, stuffing them in the same fashion with cous cous and risotto.

Tonyy13

Owner, Big Wheel Provisions

tony_adams@mac.com

Why not roast them and ... chocolate glaze them? i think the joke could be onto some thing.

donut peach and coffee.

Powderd donut peach.

glazed donut peach.

I'm sure you can be as cheesy as you want

Cory Barrett

Pastry Chef