• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Christmas in July

Susan in FL

John's post about Christmas in July at the Grey Lodge Pub reminded me that we are over a week into this special beer time of year, and we haven't had any discussion about observances other than that thread. I haven't even had a Christmas beer yet this month. Back in the day, on the Prodigy Beer Board, we had great celebrations of Christmas in July.

I'll be keeping an eye on that thread already in progress, to see a report back about the Christmas beers Friday night at the Grey Lodge, and meanwhile look for what we have put away to taste throughout the month. Troeg's Mad Elf Holiday Ale is one of them, and we have a few different years of Anchor OSAs.

If you have any Christmas brews in your stash at home or can get your hands on beers of holidays past, please join in on the tastings and share some notes here! Do any of your local beer bars or pubs have CIJ offerings, as mentioned by John and Rick in the above linked topic?

All are invited and welcomed to share your impressions... from you experts at beer tasting notes, to those of us who say something like "this was really good!"

Merry Christmas in July, and Cheers!

Life is short; eat the cheese course first.

2004 Anchor OSA this evening. I think this is my favorite of all of the holiday beers.

John

"I can't believe a roasted dead animal could look so appealing."--my 10 year old upon seeing Peking Duck for the first time.