• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

How to cold brew coffee?

eem

• 2 months later...

I recently bought the Toddy. I was a bit skeptical, but I'll waste money on just about anything. Truth be told, it makes an excellent cup of coffee. Smooth, full-bodied, and flavorful. I highly recommend it....

"It's better to burn out than to fade away"-Neil Young

"I think I hear a dingo eating your baby"-Bart Simpson

I recently bought the Toddy. I was a bit skeptical, but I'll waste money on just about anything. Truth be told, it makes an excellent cup of coffee. Smooth, full-bodied, and flavorful. I highly recommend it....

We LOVE our Toddy. We got it on sale ($10 off), so we figured we'd give it a try because my husband gets heartburn quite easily from acidic beverages. Now, he can take a bottle of the concentrate to work and add some hot water from a spout and he can get his buzz (albeit, perhaps, less - as I believe cold brewed coffee has less caffeine) without the heartburn.